Most of us are involved in some type of sport or activity that takes up most of our time. Well, if we didn’t have activities such as football or in my case cheer, what would happen?

Many argued that our exercise levels would decrease because sports are sometimes the main source of exercise for most of us. Not only would our health be affected but also our economy. In some cities in the United States a big factor of income comes from big sporting events that profit the city.

Some cities have pointed out that without the money that is produced from the local sports events, the would be in debt. Also, relating to America, America already has an obesity rating so imagine how big the problem would be if we didn’t have the biggest source that most people exercise.

Overall, not having sports in our life would result in a very negative outcome for our society. We are constantly obsessing over our favorite sports teams & putting most of our time into playing our favorite sport.

https://psmag.com/imagining-an-america-without-sports-5943b54890f8#.wnzp1aclz

CC BY-SA 4.0 What would happen if we didn’t have sports? by Markie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Karthik 2 months ago

Markie, I completely agree that without sports, our life would be much more different. I think sports are something that everyone needs. Not only it gives us a some valuable lessons such as sportsmanship, but it also helps our body to be healthy. Sports can also help increase concentration levels as well as reduce stress by releasing hormones called endorphins (which are happy hormones). There’s a common misconception that playing sports can affect study time and grades for school. But as a high school student, I have noticed that when I play tennis during the fall season, my grades are much better than the spring season when I don’t play tennis that often. Due to this, we should hope that sports are there forever.

2. Profile photo of KeJahn
    KeJahn 9 months ago

Dear,Markie :
    I am intrigued by your post because it had a lot of good points on athletes and school “What would happen if we didn’t have sports” what i liked about it was the points to where you explained how it made athletes feel overwhelmed with playing a sport and doing work in school.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Not only would our health be affected but also our economy” I think this is important because this helps kids with obesity and things and help us all as a whole.
    Another sentence that I was stunned by: “Some cities have pointed out that without the money that is produced from the local sports events, the would be in debt” This stood out for me because sports bring lots of money to our communities and it keeps a lot of kids out of trouble.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. I rememeber when we had a discussion about how they had talked about sports doing us well and our community in after school when they were thinking about stopping after school programs.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this post caught my attention on the way you put sports and school with the right information. I liked it a lot because it showed a lot of ways that school and sports have an effect on how we actually perform in school.

3. Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan 9 months ago

Dear Markie,
    I am interested in your essay because me I love sport, I love to play lots of sports. Some sports I play are football, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, etc. One thing that stands out to me is when you said, ” Overall, not having sports in our life would result in a very negative outcome for our society.” This stands out to me because without having sports in our society I also believe it will have a huge impact in a negative way to our kids. Your essay reminds me of something that happen to me. One time, When I was young I played for a team called the Spartans. They did not have enough players to get a baseball team and it was to late to join another team. It effected me because I could not play one of my favorite sports.

4. Profile photo of Kamron
    Kamron 9 months ago

Dear Markie,
    I am showing my concerns because there is some people that feel the same way about what you wrote in the post.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Many argued that our exercise levels would decrease because sports are sometimes the main source of exercise for most of us.” I think this is true because people would not work out if they didn’t have a favorite hobby to do
    Your post reminds me of how much practice I have to do for football. I practice 2 hours a day and go home to shoot at the gym. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this connection in my life.

5. Profile photo of Devin
    Devin 9 months ago

Dear Markie
    thank you fro writing the paper
    I agree with your points you made in this paper