Reversing Global Warming

Regardless of beliefs about the causes of global warming, the fact that the earth is warming is inevitable. That being said, according to How Stuff Works, there are ways to halt or slow global warming and there may even be a way to reverse it. Because plants have a natural way of removing carbon dioxide from the air, it’s possible that we could use this to our advantage in order to reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Planting massive amounts of trees, though, is not the only solution. Another way to reduce warming is to change some of our habits as humans. This method, however, will require the mindsets and actions of many people to change before this is possible.

Some scientists have also begun to suggest more unconventional methods, such as trying to reduce the amount of heat we receive from the sun in order to cool the overall temperature of the planet. Additionally, our generation will not see the benefits of our initiatives.

It is estimated that it will take 1,000 years to return to pre-industrial levels after completely halting greenhouse gas emissions. Regardless of how we choose to tackle this issue, we are going to have to pick one of the options or the generations to come will reap the consequences.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Reversing Global Warming by Grace is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Samuel
    Samuel 7 months ago

Wow, I am amazed at this, good for you:)