Happiness

Hi When I researched the key to happiness, I found that there are multiple keys to be happy. One of the answers I got was to set goals, to live life to the fullest, do things for others, live life mindfully, and other ones (it was a long list). The New York Times also points out the importance of income equality as being a factor of happiness. They also say that gratitude can be important too.
Another website talks about happiness in a very different way, they say “The key to happiness and fulfillment in life doesn’t come by achieving but rather is a result of how we express ourselves. When you express love and acceptance you are happy. When you express rejection and judgment you will be unhappy” (http://www.pathwaytohappiness.com /writings_happiness_key.html paragraph 5). This same website talks about happiness rooting in being aware. Being aware of your actions and your words. While the New York Times argues not to focus too much on being happy and that making time for family and friends is the key/keys to happiness. What do you think the key to happiness is?
Sites:
http://www.pathwaytohappiness.com/writings_happiness_key.html

CC BY-SA 4.0 Happiness by Ellisandra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Ben
    Ben 8 months ago

I think defining a persons happiness is something that is very hard to do. Personally, I feel like it is different by the person, everyone had their own opinion on happiness. But I really enjoyed reading about your research, I would agree with all the definitions and aspects to happiness that you found! They are very helpful!

2. Profile photo of Sarah
    Sarah 8 months ago

Happiness is a hard concept to define and even to say what it is. I think your research is great and generally, yes, all of these keys to happiness could potentially work. What I think is missing is the aspect of cultural differences in this global world we live in. Many cultures see happiness as a different concept and therefore they have different ways of attaining that happiness. Great idea and positive research.

3. Profile photo of Allie
    Allie 8 months ago

You’ve found the research for what the keys to happiness are, but how is happiness defined? Is it a personality trait or a state of being? BTW I absolutely love this <3