I believe most things in this article because the article has many issues so information can be inaccurate .For one this article could have been written by anyone so the information can be biased. Not only that but they’re not updated so a lot of information of what’s currently going.

One thing that stands out for me is how the article got switched up and it deleted the parts were it talks about some of the issues it had. I think this is is bad because people are shown good and not the bad things that have happened but even updated they are not putting what is currently going on. 

I’m pretty sure this is not accurate  because the updated article has dramatically changed and deleted the parts where they discuss the O.U.S.D issues. Even then they’re still missing a lot of the current issues. According to glassdoor.com(a review website) a lot of people keep discussing the same issues that the pay is very low and that the human resources are lacking and making lots of mistakes. None of these issues are discussed in the new updated wiki article. 

I still disagree with the article because the article makes it sound very good when in reality its condition is bad. None of this stood out for me because the article was completely changed and it sounds too good to be true.Not only that but it’s weird how a few days after i made the annotations on the article the article got “updated.”

The way it has changed is because when you first opened the article it noted some issues with the neutrality that but it doesn’t have the areas where it talked about the budget issue they’ve had and are still having. Part of that is where it talks about how they tried to solve or help this issue by cutting resources,classes then putting many students in classes, etc. 

What I’ve learned from this Wikipedia article is that these articles can’t be trusted and its all for the fact that it can always be changed by anyone at any time.Not only that other websites discuss the issues that the district has.

O.U.S.D Article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Unified_School_District

Glassdoor reviews:https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Oakland-Unified-School-District-Reviews-E198217.htm

Photo by torbakhopper

CC BY-SA 4.0 Checking a Wikipedia article for unprepared O.U.S.D Students by Benji is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Jaymee
    Jaymee 9 months ago

Dear Benji
    I am excited with your Topic “Checking a Wikipedia article for unprepared O.U.S.D Students” because i agree with most of the things that you’ve stated. In fact, i notice the same things you have. I’m looking forward to learning more about it.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ One thing that stands out for me is how the article got switched up and it deleted the parts were it talks about some of the issues it had.” think this is interesting because why and how was that information deleted?
    Another sentence that I seen was: “Even then they’re still missing a lot of the current issues.” This stood out for me because why are new things getting left out? How can we change this.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i’ve read a bunch of outdated information that weren’t even all the way accurate.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i’m really interested in this topic. Im wondering why things gets changed all of the time.