What is the world’s most precious resource? When initially asking myself this question I thought I was going to come across oil or some other commodity. But to my surprise I found that the world’s most precious resource is presumed to be fresh water. Which makes total sense, essentially all living things need water to survive. A human can only live between 5-7 days without water. So I dug a little deeper and came across some pretty scary and surprising facts.

I found that one out of every five people don’t have access to fresh water. Which makes sense when only an estimated .007% of the Earth’s water is actually safe for consumption. So what are we doing to protect this resource? Well the answer is actually rooted in the people consuming the water, us. For more information on how to protect our freshwater click here.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What is the world’s most precious resource? by Trevor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Wentao
    Wentao 8 months ago

Yes, water actually is the most important resource for all of us, but we always ignored it.I can not imagine the life without water. Save water should ability for all of us, thank you for remind me to protect our freshwater.