The Psychology of Clutter

How can I break the habit of leaving clothes everywhere?

Through the reading I have found that there are psychological explanations behind clutter. According to an article in “The Denver Post” there are four types of clutter: technical,behavioral, a result of life changes and the cause of poor time management. I also read an article from the New York Times by Jan Hoffman called “Bedroom as a Battleground”. This article focused on the reasoning behind teenagers being notorious for dirty rooms. One of the reasons that stuck out to me is that their rooms are an outlet for their exhaustion where they throw organization to the wind and become a slob. I related to this because I have a messy room, but maintain organization in all other aspects of my life. It also ties in with the time management theory from the Denver Post article. I get good grades, I have my work schedule and I am involved in activities. When I have time to spend in my room the last thing I think of is cleaning.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/garden/teenage-bedroom-as-battleground.html

The psychology of clutter

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Psychology of Clutter by Allie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.