The question of how should we as, human beings, organize ourselves is a daunting question that is difficult to answer. With the plethora of information and opinions regarding social organization, I have found 3 basic arguments in which all others are rooted in: order, equilibrium, and entropy (Dr. Gary Ayton). Order arguments are based in the notion that planning and methodology lead to the best outcome( however we define best outcome). Entropy arguments are based, in juxtaposition to order, in the notion that randomness and lack of planning  leads to the best outcome(again based on however one defines best outcome)(GSU). Equilibrium arguments are more complex and less ideological, thus making them more difficult to define. An equilibrium argument usually is based around the idea that thermodynamic reactions have a point of equilibrium. This point is arbitrary, as it is not the median value between order and entropy (NASA). I have experienced more arguments that are based on the equilibrium concept, and thus would conclude that there is a mix between order and entropy that we should follow. However, how much order and how much entropy is the better question, but it is almost impossible to effectively answer this question with such brevity.

NASA: https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/thermo0.html

GSU: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/therm/entrop.html

CC BY-SA 4.0 How should we organize ourselves economically and politically? by Andrew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Katelyn 11 months ago

I think that you cannot just apply methods of science to humanity, even though we live with in a scientific world we are not totally bound by its constraints emotionally and cognitively.

2. Dani Inglesby 11 months ago

Your research was very strong and well incorporated in what you said 🙂