I asked the question of why crime is so bad in the US compared to the rest of the world. The answer is that it really isn’t that bad compared to the world. It is really dependent on what areas you are looking at, whether it is a third world or first world country, however. When comparing to first world countries, the US is relatively high, but this is also because our population is much bigger than most European and Asian democracies, and with more population comes more crime. This is shown on criminaljusticedegreehub.com in which the author (unnamed) talks about how US crime is much higher than other democracies because of the US population in comparison to these democracies, and that crime in the US has actually decreased exponentially since the 1990s because of higher living standards. In another document written by Ryan McMaken on misses.org, he begs the question of why the US is only compared to other first world countries and never really compared to third world countries like Mexico which is a lot more similar to the US than say Luxembourg (the example used in the article), in which the US is actually pretty low compared to the third world countries that are very close to the US. Mexico, for example has a way higher murder rate than the US despite more restrictive gun laws. In conclusion, crime rates in the US compared to the world as a whole is actually pretty low compared to contrary belief because of many dangers and fighting in third world countries.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Crime in the USA compared to Rest of the World by Jean-Jules is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Daniel 1 year ago

Dear jean
    I am interested in your post because you are making a good point of why the USA has so much crime going around. I think that it is true that the U.S population is growing, so the more people there, the more violence crime there is because there are more criminals. In your post it compares mexico´s murder and crime rate to the U.S and it says that there is much more crime there, even though they have much more restricted gun laws. Thank you for your post and I am looking forward more of your post´s.

2. Bryan 1 year ago

Dear Jean,

I am interested with your post because I also didn’t understand why crime in the U.S is bad compared to the rest of the world. Now because of your post, I know that the crime here in the U.S is bad compared to the rest of the world because of the United State’s population. One thing that you said that stands out for mr is, “Mexico, for example has a way higher murder rate than the U.S despite more restrictive gun laws.” I think this is sad because even with more gun restriction laws in Mexico, they still have a higher murder rate. Thank you for your post. I look forward to seeing what you right next because this post was really interesting to me. It also explained to me why the U.S crime is bad compared to the rest of the world.

3. Miguel 1 year ago

Dear Jean,
    I am interested in your post because you make a good point that with more population comes more crime along with it. Also, I like how you mentioned that third world countries have a lot more violence than the U.S. people need to be aware of that.One thing that you said that stood out for me was,¨When comparing to first world countries, the US is relatively high, but this is also because our population is much bigger than most European and Asian democracies, and with more population comes more crime.¨I think this is intelligent because there is a lot more crime in the third world countries. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I heard gunshots and someone was laying on the floor across the street, I live in a small town and that was the only crime I could remember. Thank you for your project.I look forward to seeing what you write next because you know how to word things properly and get your point across and help the reader understand.