I truly agree with this article because everything that they talking about i was talking about in process journal 1.  My article is about how theirs a lot of killings in Oakland and many kill just because not for a accurate reason.

One sentence from this article that stands out for me is: “The 120 murders recorded in 2007 made Oakland’s murder rate third highest in California” I think this is showing the kills is very high because of how many murders that had happened during that time.

Another sentence that I <agree with / disagree with> was: “787 black boys and men in Oakland were victims of homicide” This stood out for me because its saying how many black african american had something to do with the murder rate thats sky high.

There’s something in this article that I think might not be accurate. It says, “In 2006, when Echo Boomers were approaching the age where they’re most likely to commit violent crime, Oakland’s homicide count reached its highest total in more than a decade,the five-year average for homicide victims in Oakland was broken down as follows: 77% Black, 15.4% Hispanic, 3.2% White, 2.8% Asian and 1.6% Unknown. The five-year average for homicide suspects in Oakland breaks down as follows: 64.7% Black, 8.6% Hispanic, 0.2% White, 2.0% Asian and 24.4% Unknown. In 2006, homicide victims under the age of 18 tripled compared to previous years. Five year averages compiled for 2001–2006 showed that 30% of murder victims were between the ages of 18 to 24 and another 33% were between 25 and 34 years old. Males made up 96% of suspects and 88% of victims.” I think this statement is not accurate, because of what I found was that many other statistics says different.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Checking Evidence on Wikipedia About “Killings In Oakland” by Darrtell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.