I liked this article because it helped me find more information on my topic about Football injuries. This article had pictures and one video that helped me a lot because I get tired of reading.

One sentence that stood out from my article is, “According to the College Football Assistance Fund, over 20,000 injuries occur from college football each year.” I think this is sad because that is a lot of people getting hurt and some losing jobs and money. I am pretty sure this is not good because there are 20,000 injuries in the NFL a year.

Another sentence that stood out from my article is “helmet-to-helmet collisions as well as impact against the ground or other players’ knees; in other cases, they can be caused by players who have sustained a head injury returning to play.” This stood out for me because it showed me that using your head to play football is a bad thing to do.

I double-checked this fact through http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/investigations/headcount-how-concussions-impact-prep-sports/30507031 which makes me feel pretty sure that it is true.

What I learned from this article is using your head isn’t a good thing. 20,000 people get hurt in the NFL pre year.

Photo by Monica’s Dad

CC BY-SA 4.0 Checking Claims in a Wikipedia Article on “Football Injuries” by Jerome is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ryan 1 year ago

This article really caught my attention. The reason being is that, although I don’t play college football… Yet?. I am currently in my senior year of high school football. I am on the smaller side though, and I have had my fair share of injuries, and I totally understand how intense the game can be. Many of my teammates have also had some severe head injuries, one notable one from getting hit in the head by a knee. So obviously playing with your head is not a good idea, it’s just hard to avoid in certain situations.