I feel good about this article because it gives me a great definition of Domestic Violence against women. I also feel great about this article because it provides examples and more information about Domestic Violence.

One sentence from this article that really stood out to me is “Violence against women is a manifestation of historically unequal power relations between men and women.” I believe this is crazy because women that are being violated by men have no strength or the power to fight it because of the odds between a male and female. I’m pretty sure this is accurate because this link from Amnesty USA says the same information which means I feel more confident about my quote. The link is http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/women-s-rights/violence-against-women/violence-against-women-information.

Another sentence I agree with is “Some articles on VAW reiterate these conceptions by suggesting that men are the main perpetrators of this violence.” This stood out to me because my main focus for my topic is about men violating women rights which makes me really angry because women have no power to stop it.

What I learned from this article is about how one out of every three women has experienced being violated which hurts because many women around me are being violated and no one might ever know but them.

Photo by

Photos by dualdflipflop,

CC BY-SA 4.0 Checking Claims in a Wikipedia Article on “Domestic Violence Against Women” by Gary is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of MyronJordan
    MyronJordan 10 months ago

Dear Gary,
    I really enjoy the topic you chose to discuss and you’re reasoning for how this is a problem and why we need to solve it. I would like to hear more about this topic and how you choose to solve it with the help of others and how we can stop what goes on.