Poverty is a worldwide issue that hardly comes with an easy fix. There are countless poverty stricken areas around our world today and it seems to only be growing. According to dosomething.orgnearly 1/2 of the world’s population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.” This is not an issue that should go unnoticed. Rather, it is something that can be changed, worldwide, in the near future.

As a world community, it is hoped that we will be able to end poverty by the year 2030. Though, according to theworldbank.org, “poverty will only end by 2030 if growth is shared.” This remains an ambitious goal, though still a hopeful one. In order to make this goal a reality, “[each] per capita consumption in the entire developing world would [need to] grow at about 4.5% per year, [so that] the new target could be reached

unu.edu.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Will we be able to end poverty worldwide? by Savannah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.