In  Ryan Gabrielson, Ryann Grochowski Jones and Eric Sagara’s essay, “Deadly Force, In Black and White,” from ProPublica https://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white, the authors this is imporant because this is proof that cops are killing black males and females.

When we consider the issue of Black Lives Matter , some might wonder, why are cops killing so much black males? Gabrielson, Grochowski and,Sagara’s article addresses this question because more than 686 black males and females got killed by police in this year and the year have not finished. People was in shock when killed Michael Brown in 2013 that when people was realizing that they was killing to much black males. From the year 2013 through 2016 more 3777 dead by police officers.   

“The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19. A rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.” https://hyp.is/LHqKVll9EeafgM8o0rt-Dg/www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

This is basically saying more than 1,217 black male dead by white police from 2010 to 2012 from ages 15 to 21. And this matter to me because they are killing to much of us for no reason.

This make me wonder that maybe a cop would kill me or somebody i know just because i’m color or a white person would kill me or one of my friend like Michael Dunn killed Jordan Davis a 17 years old man shot in a gas  station in Jacksonville, Florida.

What we can appreciate about this writer’s work is how they talking about racism in the whole world with white people killing black people. They writing this because  young black males in the recent years were far risk of being shot dead by police for no reason. This matter to me because this is really happening with the black and white people.

Source: Sagara, Eric, Ryann Grochowski Jones, and Ryan Gabrielson. “Deadly Force, In Black And White”. ProPublica. N.p., 2014. Web. 3 Aug. 2016.

Photo by zeevveez

CC BY-SA 4.0 Response to Deadly Force by Jeremy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Seth
    Seth 10 months ago

Perhaps something just as concerning as the killing of unarmed black males is the corrupt criminal justice system that desperately needs reform. Black men often are disproprtionately imprisoned for non-violent drug crimes compared to whites. Some have suggested completely decriminalizing drugs and instead putting drug users in rehab, not prison. Whatever the solution, it is important that we address this contemporary racism that is becoming more prevalent throughout this country.

2. Profile photo of Shelby
    Shelby 10 months ago

I believe that the Black Lives Matter movement is something that should be tended to immediately. To move forward as a nation we must work together to stop racism, prejudice, and violence against not only African Americans but to all ethnicities, gender types, minorities, etc.

3. Profile photo of Erin
    Erin 10 months ago

I agree that this is a huge problem in our country, and we really should be doing more to solve this issue. I think it indicative of the fact that our country still has strong implicit prejudices against black people, even though we’d like to believe we don’t. I think the Black Lives Matter movement is extremely important and beneficial for our society. This article shows that the All Lives Matter movement is not very valid because the numbers show that white police violence against blacks is real, and though all lives do matter, we need some serious reform in our police forces to prevent the unnecessary murder of black people.

4. Profile photo of Ian
    Ian 10 months ago

That’s a really interesting and shocking article