My student Jonathan said he stayed up really late last night and was out in the street in the early morning when he saw police cars in the neighborhood because someone got shot.

I looked it up online and sure enough the story was in the Daily News and other TV stations. A man was asking for $2 in a Bodega and got kicked out so he went to a different one across the street. There he got into an argument with the workers so the cops were called to remove him.

That’s when things went wrong. The cops were taking him out of the store and he grabbed one of the officers guns, right from the holster. He started shooting wildly, so the other cop took out his gun and shot him three times, but he had already shot up the whole Bodega, killing a worker.

The shooter was arrested and will be going to jail for a long time, after he gets out of the hospital. My question is why he got so violent over a couple of dollars. Was he mentally ill? Was he on drugs? We may never know….Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 11.10.58 AM

CC BY-SA 4.0 Wow, NYC streets are dangerous! by Mr. Jacobs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Martin 1 year ago

This shows how the world has been like,full of greed,lies,dishonesty,and much more.

2. Ian 1 year ago

Wow that’s so crazy. How that happens like that.

3. Rebecca 1 year ago

That is wrong and also the people who are killing the cops for revenge

4. Luis 1 year ago

Hey I just read this little article about a guy getting shot by a cop. My problem is why would he get mad over a couple of dollars? how much guts you have to take the police officer gun from his pants? I really think the man was crazy. Was he on drugs , or he is mentally ill or is he sick. The cop shot him 3 times and the criminal shot up the store . when the criminal gets good out the hospital he,s going to jail for quite a while. think that violence is all the proper way.

• Martin 1 year ago

You couldn’t say that any better than I would!