I just read a Wikipedia article: Cannabis. (2016, June 13). Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 13:56, July 28, 2016, from https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cannabis&oldid=5420164.

I love this article because I have learned a lot from this article I have never thought would be  true. I also think this article teaches a lot about  marijuana like when not to use marijuana or what can happen when you use it.  One sentence that stands out for me in this article is” When a person breathes in the marijuana smoke or eats marijuana, he or she may get a feeling called “getting high” or “getting stoned”. Marijuana’s most common effects include feeling happy, relaxed, tired, silly or scared; having many ideas about what to do; not being able to think clearly (or remember some things at all); and getting hungry (also called getting “the munchies”.) Smoking marijuana changes how people think and feel, making it either harder or easier to solve some problems. Some people who take marijuana feel strange or paranoid (worried that something bad is going to happen)” I actually like this sentence because I can relate a lot about this statement because I have been in that feeling where I just wanna eat and sleep also I could be  very sleepy. I can relate more because I have seen a lot of people being paranoid.

I am pretty sure that this paragraph I true because everyone that smokes marijuana gets those feeling of being hungry or being happy for a while. “ When you have continued from the Buzz level, you will quickly get funnier, and can become internal with your wild and sporadic thoughts.  You may experience phases of paranoia at this level, I do not. That comes from (potentially) breaking a law to do it, or having to cover it up or hide it, to begin with (IMO).  You generally feel good, may want to do something fun or exciting, will like the taste of food and drink, and can still perform and enjoy your partner sexually.  Now that’s a drug!  Audio and Video experiences seem enhanced to you.  Focus & creativity are generally increased with the one exception of ADD users”. http://www.weedsthatplease.com/3levelsofhigh.htm

Another sentence that I agree with is “Further studies have found that marijuana [helps] some of the symptoms of HIV/AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, and multiple sclerosis.”[9] this stands out for me because this relates to me a lot. I have an uncle who has one of the diseases listed here and he uses medical marijuana to help him.

I double-checked this fact through an article on CNN https://via.hypothes.is/http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/health/marijuana-medical-advances/index.html which makes me feel pretty sure that it is true.

There’s something in this article that I think is true, but I’ve found other sources that question it. The Wikipedia article says, “Some hashish users like the feeling of these visions and thoughts, while others may find them scary. However, people rarely get hallucinations after smoking or eating cannabis.” I think this statement is correct, because of what most people say, that they do not get hallucinations with marijuana, However, The National Institute on Drug Abuse says: “Pleasant experiences with marijuana are by no means universal. Instead of relaxation and euphoria, some users experience anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic. These effects are more common when too much is taken, the marijuana has an unexpectedly high potency, or a user is inexperienced. People who have taken large doses of marijuana may experience an acute psychosis, which includes hallucinations, delusions, and a loss of the sense of personal identity.” https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-are-marijuana-effects

I think that even tho its says some marijuana users have hallucinations when stoned it’s impossible because a teen like me who use marijuana on daily basis don’t hallucinate at all or even see things that aren’t real but people have different reactions so it can be true and it can be a lie.

What I learned from this article is that marijuana has  different cannabis like cannabis stiva , cannabis indica , cannabis ruderalis. Not only I have learned that marijuana haves different cannabis, but that marijuana has a chemical called THC in it which probably causes the people being high or causing them to get a different feeling. Also, I have learned that eating marijuana in brownies , cookies, lollipops , or cakes can get you stoned.

Related XP: Post on Social Media

Photo by Martika G

CC BY-SA 4.0 Response to Wikipedia article about Marijuana by Luis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Napasechnik 2 months ago

Sativa + cookies = one love 😉