Dear Yanilsa,

I am touched by your poem about Trayvon Martin, because the 17 year-old was walking home and shot because he looked suspicious. Just he had a hoodie on holding Skittles and a Arizona in his hands at 7:09 pm and the men call the police and told them that the men was walking around the house looking suspicious.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Did nothing wrong, didn’t deserve to die Young” I think this is heartbreaking because he was just walking from the store and bought some Skittles and a Arizona. And the guy that shot him was scary because Trayvon Martin had a hoodie looking suspicious.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you wrote about something that really going on with black and white people. The only reason i wrote about this is because cop are killing innocent. 

Photo by Ryan Vaarsi

CC BY-SA 4.0 Touched by a poem about Trayvon by Jeremy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.