In a New York Times article by Richard Fausset, Richard Pérez-Peña, and Campbell Robertson, “Alton Sterling Shooting In Baton Rouge Prompts Justice Dept. Investigation,” NYTimes.com, 6 July 2016, the authors are saying that two white officers were arresting Alton Sterling because he was armed, but that does mean that he was going to use the gun he had.

“Two white officers were arrested by arresting Alton B. Sterling, 37, early Tuesday after responding to a call about an armed man. The officers had Mr. Sterling pinned to the ground when at least one of them shot him.”

This is basically saying Is saying that two white officers were arrested ing because he was an  armed but that mean that he was going to use the gun on somebody he proudly had it for his porterhouse.

This might make me  one wonder that it matters to me because Ii’m a Hispanic boy that lives in a neighborhood just like the one that the shooting happen or they could kill one of my family member.   

Another point Richard Fausset, Richard Perez-Pena, and Campbell Robertson  makes in their news item is saying had some of the harshest words for the two police officers. “Those two officers who perpetrated this brutal attack, and then murdered this young man, are cowards,” he said this because arresting because he was a armed but that doesn’t  mean that he was going to use the gun on somebody he proudly had it for his porterhouse.

A third point addressed by Fausset, Perez-pena, and Robertson is a A call to a phone number for Mr. Salamoni was answered by a man who said he was not the officer, but whom would not identify himself. “When all the facts come out, they did what they had to do,”the man said, and then hung up”. This is significant, because This matter to me because there always evidence that doesn’t come out during the case and this doesn’t help the case.

What we can appreciate about this writer’s work is what a the Author’s are talking about Alton Sterling Shooting . We can look forward to seeing what  Richard, Fausset, Richard Perez-Pena and Campbell Robertson writes next, because It matters to me because how about a guy is trying to kill me,i‘m I i’m going to carry a gun it matters to me because i’m a Hispanic boy that lives in a neighborhood just like the one that the shooting happen.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Alton Sterling Shooting by Jeremy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Randy 1 year ago

Dear Jeremy

I am Mad about the two white officers in your post…“Alton Sterling Shooting,” because they just wanted to kill somebody and they thought they was going to get away with it.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “i’m a Hispanic boy that lives in a neighborhood just like the one that the shooting happen or they could kill one of my family member. ” I think this is perfect because it’s true , back in 2005 my cousin got shot by a cop , 2 girls was fighting and my cousin took the knife from one of the girls and put it in the air to get the cops attention so the cops could stop the fight , and they just shot him on the spot , they didn’t ask no questions they just shot, that’s why this sentence stands out to me cause its actual facts.

Another sentence that stood out to me was: “Two white officers were arrested by arresting Alton B. Sterling, 37, early Tuesday after responding to a call about an armed man. The officers had Mr. Sterling pinned to the ground when at least one of them shot him. ” This stood out for me because it was a lie mr sterling did not have a gun and the cop had just shot him for no reason

I do not agree with you that… One reason I say this is… because they were racist they should be in jail #BLA
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next,