Mercine Grant

Dear Future President,

My name is Mercine Grant and I’m a high school graduate  from Morningside High School. I have a very important issue that I would like you to consider taking action in. My issue would be college tuition; I Strongly feel that college tuition should be free or at least affordable. There’s people in life who want to make life better for themselves and their future children, and I feel that having a college degree would open up different opportunities for them. For an example, both of my parents didn’t go to college. They barely even have a high school education and neither of them have jobs. So they get money from the government to help them, but it’s like every month close to the end there struggling trying to get food and whatever else they need. I don’t wanna live like that or even in debt trying to pay off student loans.  I want to be able to not worry about where I’m going live or if I’ll be able to take care of my family or myself, and I feel like that starts with having an education. I’ve been hearing the former presidents talk about free college tuition but they never follow through with their decisions. So if you decide to bring it up please go through with your choice you will be keeping 24-25 year olds out of debt when they first get out a college because I know a lot of us want to become a homeowner and be able to buy a brand new car without worrying about if our credit is good or bad.

There’s a lot of talk about if you didn’t have to pay for college that you would end up getting lazy and not caring so basically it would just be like high school. But the only thing would be that college is a choice; you choose if you want to go to class or not versus high school where it’s mandatory. I’m just speaking for all the incoming freshman that don’t wanna be in debt and want to better themselves by having a good education. So please consider making tuition free or at least affordable.

Sincerely, Mercine Grant

CC BY-SA 4.0 Letter To The Future President by mercine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.