Alberto Rosales

Dear, President

Ever since I was little a brown kid I always remembered my parents telling me to try hard in school do not let anyone stop you from achieving what you want, and most importantly to go to college. My extravagant parents, my mother only reaching an education of second grade, and my father only making it to 7th grade they are still one of the smartest people I know. My parents did not have the fortune to go to college they always remind me that I need to go to college if I want to have a better life than they had which I shouldn’t take for granted since they could have stayed in Mexico where I would be forced to go work at an early age, not being able to study. So I’m going to try my hardest in college not just for my own benefit, but for my hard working immigrant parents that had to become citizens for me .All their sweat, blood and, hard work just for me to slack off that would have a big effect on me making me feel like a bum especially when they did everything right for their son to have the opportunity to go to college. So since i have this mindset i have been researching about college, and it is outrageous how tuition price has been going up how do they expect us to go to college when people can’t afford to go even if we say this country is a capitalist country so we should end college with debt.

Tuition costs have risen by 945 percent since 1980, with a four-year education now amounting to nearly a quarter of a million dollars at some universities. That’s one of many facts out there to share about how college tuition is too damn high and where is all that money going to I don’t see anything being improved with the money they are taking from my fellow college students. Since the tuition has gone up so much people don’t believe they will be able to go to school and be successful since they are scared when they see the amount to go somewhere to further educate themselves. From 1995 to 2015 the average tuition and fees at private National Universities jumped 179 percent. Out-of-state tuition and fees at public universities rose 226 percent since 1995.In-state tuition and fees at public National Universities grew the most, increasing a staggering 296 percent. These statistics show the percentage tuition has raise over the years it is crazy how much they expect us to pay for the education people were paying way less just 20 years ago with just some technology advancements changing the atmosphere of the class. To go out of state is not even a option, but neither is in state even our local schools went up the most in tuition which is not right with me, and I’m not just saying this to be supporting someone like Bernie I don’t like the idea of converting our economy into socialism, just need to come up with a smart solution to keep us studying instead of losing hope to debt, and dropping out since no one likes to have debt.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Letter to next President by Alberto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.