This article https://yvpc.sph.umich.edu/video-games-influence-violent-behavior/ talks about the relationship between violent video games and violent behavior in the real world. There have been many research studies to find out if there is a relationship between the two. After reading the article the connection between the two is very little and there are more factors that play into violent behavior. Video games don’t have a huge effect, but the person’s background, environment, and life events have the biggest impact on their behaviors. “Although playing violent video games may not necessarily determine violent or aggressive behavior, it may increase precursors to violent behavior.  In fact, Dr. Olson points out that violent video games may be related to bullying, which researchers have found to be a risk factor for more serious violent behavior. Therefore, video game playing may have an indirect effect on violent behavior by increasing risk factors for it.  Doug Gentile notes that the only way for violent video games to affect serious criminal violence statistics is if they were the primary predictor of crime, which they may not be.  Rather, they represent one risk factor among many for aggression (http://www.apa.org/monitor/2010/12/virtual-violence.aspx).” There is more to the person’s behavior than just violent video games.

0
()