Poem in the style of Giovani

that time the rays and my eyes made eye contact

they hit my skin too  

the water slowly evaporated

my skin dried and moistened simultaneously

it was glowing brightly

i was glowing

the light was being reflected off of me

and coming from me

source of power and life

i was the sun

CC BY-SA 4.0 Date with the Sun by Ariel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Autumn 11 months ago

Hi Ariel! I loved your poem the words were very easy to picture and I love this cover photo it goes along perfectly with your poem.

2. Vicky 12 months ago

This is a very great poem. It is very insightful and welcoming in a way. I liked it. 🙂

3. Andre 1 year ago

That poem was great it was so happy and it put a smile on my face after reading it.

4. Kayla 1 year ago

Your poem reminds me of the same exact feeling that you had. It feels like your becoming the sun from the sense of nature to being a human being. This was very lovely, I love your poem.

5. Ryan 1 year ago

Hey Ariel,
    This is a very happy poem. When I finished i had a smile on my face. Your line ” I was the sun” is very powerful. Kind of says ” it all revolves around me.” Great work!

6. Alli 1 year ago

Hi Ariel,

I loved your poem! It had great imagery and made me happy.

7. Kendall 1 year ago

What a nice poem! I enjoyed imagining the sun shining brightly and more brightly as I read this. Was there a specific experience that inspired you to write about this?

8. Kenzie 1 year ago

very beautiful!! 🙂