Dear Quincy,

You are not graduating this year. All these years and you won’t be graduating in June. Every body around you will be walking the stage in their green cap & gowns and you’ll be at home. Depressed and crying. You’ve been going to school for 14 years for nothing. You don’t get the grand prize along with all your friends. Now everyone is looking at you feeling sorry and not congratulating you. You are now a disappointment to your parents. You were never going to college. Not without a high school diploma. Give up all hope for football, as your accolades as 1st team All City Running back is now diminished . You being an All-State nominee for your position means nothing as well. Give up all hope for a job. Along with trying to have a successful life. You weren’t successful in the beginning of highschool, you had a 1.5 gpa your freshman year. How could you possibly think you were going to turn that around? A failure. That’s what your are. That’s all you’ll ever be.

CC BY-SA 4.0 No diploma for you! by Quincy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ariel 7 months ago

Quincy,
    I first would like to say how terribly sorry I am. I cannot imagine how you must be feeling. However I would like to ask you to continue to pursue your education. Please graduate next semester or next year, or get your GED. You have worked far too hard to let this be the end of your educational journey. And please, please, please do not give up all hope.

2. Lina 8 months ago

Dear Quincy :

I am sad about your letter, “No diploma for you!” because it is really said how you worked so hard all those years and you aren’t able to achieve your final goal. All your friends accomplished it, but you didn’t which is depressing. On top of that being an embarrassment to your parents doesn’t help as well.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Now everyone is looking at you feeling sorry and not congratulating you.” I think this is terrible because sometimes people don’t realize that those who fail sometimes work harder than those who succeed. Also, this seems to be very degrading to a persons self esteem.

Another sentence that I liked was: “You weren’t successful in the beginning of highschool, you had a 1.5 gpa your freshman year.” This stood out for me because it shows how numbers are all that really determine your success in life. Even if you know the material better than someone with a 5.0 average, you are considered to be more stupid.

Your letter reminds me of something that happened to me. One timeI studied a week for a test, making the most thorough study guides and memorizing the information over and over again. Everyone kept telling me that I would ace the test because I was so well prepared. This wasn’t true because I ended up getting a really low score. I then felt like a disappointment to my parents. My friends, who studied less hen me were getting congratulated on their scores even though they studied less.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like to know if you actually end up graduating and how you dealt with this setback in your life.

3. Will 8 months ago

This is deep I like it. True story of you or someone you know? I think there’s lot of emotion in this and makes its very powerful.